- Artists' Project Earth
Supported the ANO 2010 Desk Diary!
Websites of Activist & Research Groups
- Liberate Tate
- Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination
- Climate Greenwash
- Airport Watch
- Plane Stupid
- Plan B
For a sustainable energy future.
A resistance network opposing the activities of oil companies in tropical countries.
Produce excellent detailed briefings on carbon trading as well as plenty of other research material.
Tracking carbon trading projects.
- Carbon Trade Watch
Why market-based mechanisms are bad for the climate (but great for greenwash...)
- PLATFORM's carbon web
PLATFORM's Shell & BP research: info-rich site!
- Corporate Watch
Spilling the beans on the corporations.
- Rising Tide UK
Network of individuals and groups dedicated to taking local action and building a movement against climate change.
- London Rising Tide
Direct action group once responsible for Art Not Oil; (we still love 'em!)
ANO News Stories
News stories about the growing movement against oily sponsorship.
- Olympic sponsors set to face lukewarm reception, Brand Republic, 25.1.07
Olympic sponsors set to face lukewarm reception by Darren Davidson, Brand Republic 25-Jan-07, 10:30 LONDON - The general public has given a huge thumbs down to the London 2012 Olympic organiser's plans to raise sponsorship money from companies pe
- Shell Wildlife victory
- 24 Hour Museum
Shell's Wild Lie - Art Not Oil Exhibition Opens At Aberystwyth Arts Centre
- Targetting The Tate
London rising Tide visits the Tate re BP sponsorhsip and questions about the Baku-Ceyhan pipeline.
- Oil On Canvas.
Corporate Watch article on 2004 Art Not Oil.
- Call out for the 2004 Exhibition
The 2004 Art Not Oil campaign.
- Oil Festival Hall Banner Drop 2004
Rising Tide visits the South Bank
- Climate Activists at the British Museum
2003 Rising Tide action at the British Museum.
- 'Platform: attempting to drive a wedge between the Tate Modern and BP' - Ecologist, 18.2.11
- Independent piece quotes Art Not Oiler, 27.12.11
- Vultural or Cultural Olympiad? (And more...) - Guardian article, 13.12.11
- Art collective Liberate Tate uses Arctic ice to protest at gallery's BP sponsorship - The Independent, 16.01.12
- PLATFORM radio show about oil sponsorship, and creative resistance to it, (Dec '11): http://soundcloud.com/resonance-fm/platform-culture-beyond-oil
- Liberate Tate's Spokesman on Why Fighting BP Sponsorship Picks Up the Cause of Tahrir Square - ARTINFO UK, 4.01.12
- A laser-guided look at the old ways keeping power in the hands of a (very) few, and the way they prevent positive change from coming to pass (for now at least)
- Remember Saro-Wiwa
2005 was the tenth anniversary of the murder by the Shell-backed Nigerian government of writer and activist Ken Saro-Wiwa.'Remember Saro-Wiwa' is a coalition of groups that helped set up a competition to create a living memorial to him - and what he and his compatriots achieved
- Shell Oiled Wildlife; Rising Tide/Art Not Oil campaign against Shell's sponsorship of Wildlife Photographer Of The Year Competition. 'Shell's Wild Lie' etc.
- National Petroleum Gallery
Spoof NPG site.
Films tackling climate change and related issues.
- Just Do It
July 2010: Just Do It is an exciting new feature-length documentary film that follows the mischievous and risky world of UK climate activists.
- SchNEWS Movies
Free short movies on environmental and related themes from Brightons best loved,( and written )& most informative newspaper.
- Reach For The Sky
Activist filmakers Undercurrents reportage of anti-runway campaigns.
Alt Art Projects
Here are links to a few relevant alt. political art projects.
- RSA Arts & Ecology
- Dark Mountain
Artists create Uncivilisation
- Climate Change Artists
- Power to the Poster
Visual resistance artists' cooperative, Portland, Oregon, USA
- Centre for the Study of Political Graphics (based in USA)
'Myth and mind in the age of petroleum'
Articles & Useful Publications
- Eco-Art Exhibit Tied to BP Funding
- Going to war with a pencil
- Earth First! Journal
Hidden stories of resistance, as well as terrific artworks, poetry etc.
- BP - Extracting Influence at the Heart of the EU
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies (IOCs) and Europe’s second largest corporation. This report examines BP’s interface with Brussels, analysing what the company might achieve through European Union (EU) support and h
- Car Busters
Always full of excellent artwork...
- Resistance to BP at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Turn Up The Heat - G Monbiot
George Monbiot's new book "Heat" exposing greenwash " My fear is not that people will stop talking about climate change. My fear is that they will talk us to Kingdom Come."
- George Marshall's Climate Denial
George Marshall (of COIN)'s new blog.
- Red Pepper Magazine
Red Pepper Magazine - For green and radical left people.
- 'Funny Weather We're Having'
'Funny Weather We're Having' - Kate Evans Climate change cartoon booklet (updated comic now available from London Rising Tide); also now a book
- Privatising Culture
Privatising Culture: Corporate Art Intervention Since the 1980s, Chin-tao Wu, (London and New York: Verso, 2002) - a review
- BP: Beyond Petroleum
Global Spin: The Corporate Assault on Environmentalism- Sharon Beder, Green Books, 1997 revised May 2002.
- Global spin: The Corporate Assault On Environmentalism
Global spin: The Corporate Assault On Environmentalism by Sharon Beder,Green Books, 1997 revised May 2002.
- Greenwash or Us: an activist's diary
An Activist's Diary of 'Greenwash or Us', London Rising Tide's inaugural 'Exhibition of Resistance' to BP's hijacking of the arts, from Red Pepper Magazine 29th July 2004.
- Culture Incorporated: Museums, Artists, and Corporate Sponsorships
Useful books on corporate arts, Mark W. Rectanus,(Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2002
- 'Fooling The Present, F**ing The Future' - London Rising Tide (Mute Magazine)
Climate justice direct action group London Rising Tide visits the Science Museum's new exhibition, 'Energy - Fuelling the Future', nearly drowns in corporate doublespeak, but recovers enough to chat with a passing teacher and locate the main spo nsors